ExxonMobil, Jack Daniel’s, Marriott and Shock Doctor join NBA All-Star activation for the first time.
Throughout NBA All-Star 2017, more than 24 of the league’s partners will have a strong presence in New Orleans as part of the Feb. 16-19 midseason basketball celebration. Both longstanding and new NBA partners will bring extensive activations and offerings to The Big Easy.
Below, a rundown of NBA partner activations.
Multi-Platform Partner Activations
- Dew will tip off The Courtside Project – a series of creative collaborations by NBA players, cultural creative icons and fans that celebrates NBA lifestyle throughout the season.
- Dew will build out an experiential activation space – Dew X NBA Courtside HQ – at the Board of Trade, open to the public on Saturday and Sunday.
- The activation will provide fans with unique touchpoints centered around basketball, art, and music and feature appearances from NBA players and hip-hop artist Joey Bada$$, who will also perform on Saturday.
- Dew will host the Dew NBA 3x All-Star Edition at Champions Square where Team Russ and Team Kyrie will go head-to-head.
- Participating NBA talent includes Jason Williams and Baron Davis (team captains and participants), Kyrie Irving and Russell Westbrook (GMs / coaches), and Shaquille O’Neal and Dennis Scott (mentors and commentators).
- The game will air on TNT on Saturday, Feb. 18 at 6 p.m. ET.
- During Dew NBA 3X All-Star Edition, Dew will launch new TV creative featuring Russell Westbrook.
- Dew will have a strong OOH presence in New Orleans, including placements throughout the New Orleans airport and French Quarter, as well as a mobile bus wrapped in Dew X NBA branding featuring four key endorsers participating in the All-Star Game (Russell Westbrook, Kyrie Irving, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Isaiah Thomas).
- Throughout the weekend, State Farm will place lockers in high-traffic areas around New Orleans for fans to unlock and win prizes in The Right Locker Combination Hunt.
- State Farm will integrate its “Right Combo” locker activation into State Farm All-Star Saturday Night allowing one lucky fan to unlock two tickets (as well as round-trip transportation and lodging) to State Farm All-Star Saturday Night 2018 in Los Angeles.
- State Farm will continue to serve as an associate partner of the All-Star Day of Service.
Additional Live Fan Engagements
NBA Crossover – (The Chicory, 610 S Peters St.)
- NBA Crossover is a multimedia, cultural exhibit showcasing the convergence of basketball and pop culture. The event is another unique way for fans to experience the NBA and inspire excitement around multiple aspects of the NBA.
- Five of the league’s partners will activate at Crossover:
- Bud Light – A Bud Light bar and lounge will sell team-branded Bud Light cans to fans (21+)
- Foot Locker – Will celebrate footwear through an audio tour with NBA athletes and their signature shoes and culture, as well as a sneaker cleaner station and a Kicks Cam sneaker selfie booth
- JBL – A wall of JBL Pulse speakers will light up as different designs
- Fans will also win products throughout the day by sharing their posts on social media
- Stance – Fans will have the opportunity to design their own free pair of Stance socks that will be shipped the following day
- TISSOT – A curated fashion exhibit will showcase the signature styles of teams representing the EAST and WEST
- Fans will have the opportunity to take a photo with the style that they best represent
Champions Square (LaSalle Street, near Smoothie King Center)
- Turner’s 70,000 square-foot “NBA on TNT Road Show” from Champions Square, will feature a full slate of activities over a four-day period (Thursday, Feb. 16, through Sunday, Feb. 19) with highlights from NBA partners including:
- Mountain Dew – Dew will host the Dew NBA 3x All-Star Edition at Champions Square where Team Russ and Team Kyrie will go head-to-head.
- State Farm – Making its debut in New Orleans, the State Farm All-Star Assist Center will display aggregated social activity surrounding NBA All-Star 2017 and the @AllStarAssist Twitter handle.
- Fans can submit All-Star related questions to @AllStarAssist on Twitter with the hashtags #StateFarm #HereToHelp and the staffers at the assist center will answer their questions
- Separately, State Farm will position Assist Ambassadors around All-Star venues to assist fans and give away concession stand gift cards
- TISSOT – Visitors to the “Road Show” can compete for prizes in a one-on-one format to answer the most NBA trivia questions in 24 seconds at the Tissot-themed kiosk.
- The NBA’s newest partner will launch its partnership with the league through Jack Daniel’s House No. 7. The hospitality and experiential event, open Thursday and Friday night will bring local fans and NBA guests together for musical performances, guest rooms with unique programming, eclectic eats inspired by southern cuisine, and basketball-themed activities.
- 2K will host the finals of the ongoing NBA 2K17 All-Star Tournament. The winning team will earn $250,000, tickets to State Farm All-Star Saturday Night and the NBA All-Star Game, as well as the chance to play an exhibition game against five NBA players, who are 2K endorsers, during the event.
- Through "Kia All-Star Ride," Kia and Uber will provide free rides to fans throughout the city. Lucky fans will be treated to NBA giveaways and surprise, player appearances.
- Pepsi will take over a local restaurant to recreate a pizza parlor scene from an upcoming Uncle Drew shoot with Kyrie Irving and Baron Davis.
- The partner will extend the #NBAKicks campaign, highlighting All-Star Kicks throughout the weekend
- In conjunction with Nike, Foot Locker will transform its Canal Street location into a House of Hoops by Foot Locker retail shop.
New Product and Creative
- Adidas – James Harden All-Star shoes
- Anheuser-Busch – Bud Light team cans
- Foot Locker – New spot in conjunction with Jordan Brand featuring NBA All-Star Russell Westbrook
- Gatorade – Promoting new Gx system
- Jordan Brand – Jordan Brand’s team of All-Stars including Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Kemba Walker, and Russell Westbrook will all wear special edition All-Star kicks during All-Star. Jordan Brand’s All-Star will also be highlighted through its new “Gotta Shine” campaign
- Mountain Dew – New “Don’t Do ‘They’ – Do You” spot with Russell Westbrook
- New Era – Custom All-Star hats at New Era’s “Design Lab”
- Nike – Launched EQUALITY, an initiative in which Nike encourages people to take the fairness and respect they see in sport and translate them off the field. The new Equality spot is anchored by LeBron James
- Shock Doctor – NBA licensed mouth guards
- Stance – Custom socks
- State Farm – New spot
- TISSOT – Awarding customized watches to the winners of Saturday night’s Taco Bell Skills Challenge, JBL Three-Point Contest and Verizon Slam Dunk
- Under Armour – Will introduce custom All-Star shoes, which reflect New Orleans’ rich musical history
- Verizon – Will launch a new series on the go90 app, ‘NBA Slam Kings’, which shows :90 highlights from all previous dunk contests leading up to this year’s event
Partners Using Player Ambassadors
- American Express
- Foot Locker
- Mountain Dew / Pepsi
- Nike / Jordan Brand
- State Farm
Partner Positioning at All-Star Events
- BBVA Compass Rising Stars Challenge
- State Farm All-Star Saturday Night
- Verizon Slam Dunk
- JBL Three-Point Contest
- Taco Bell Skills Challenge
- Kia All-Star MVP
- The NBA All-Star Entertainment Series presented by JBL
- NBA D-League All-Star Game presented by Kumho Tire
- NBA D-League Slam Dunk presented by Verizon